18 Jul 2008

Stuff Retailers Like Part 1

I have had an idea for a book for a while and I first proposed this idea to a friend I used to work with. To be honest I don't think there is much of a market for a book called "101 annoying comments customers make to me while I work in the shop". But for me and my friend it provided a few minutes lightheartedness. So in homage to http://www.stufffchristianslike.blogspot.com here is my own version.

1. "I only came in for one thing"

This is probably one of my favourites. The person who apparantly only needed a loaf of bread but then presents you with a trolley full of stuff you didn't even knew you sold is a mystery to me. At what point on their journey from the bread to the checkout did they realise they needed half the shop. Even more puzziling is when they return the next day and repeat the whole facade. Make a list next time!

2. "Isn't the weather shocking"

I live in Ireland. It rains in Ireland. A lot! Even in the summer when its warm it rains. It sucks. But I have had 25 years to get used to this fact. I'm at peace with myself regarding this. But for some people the sight of rain continues to astonish them. Thats why when it is sunny for a few days for a week in July everyone goes crazy for it. They can't handle it. It's too much for most. And then it rains the rest of the year. It was sunny for a week!!! It rains every day of your life. In short..no its not shocking...its water falling from the Sky

3. "Is the ice cream machine working"

OK. So this in itself is not annoying. I just hate making ice cream...sorry...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More